Global pea protein market is expected to reach USD 39.50 million in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 8.00% between 2017 and 2022.
The pea protein market report includes comprehensive and profound analysis on the global and regional level. The report gives historic data of 2016 along with a forecast from 2017 to 2022 based on revenue (USD Million) and volume (Tons). The study comprises drivers, restraints and opportunities for the pea protein market along with the impact on the demand over the forecast period.
The report provides a complete view of the pea protein market and encompasses detailed type portfolio and strategic developments of key vendors. To know the competitive landscape of the pea protein market, an analysis of Porter’s five forces model is done. The study cover market attractiveness analysis, in which product type and application segments are specialized based on the market size, growth rate, and attractiveness.
The report provides a crucial view on the pea protein market by segmenting the market based on product, application, and region. Based on the product the pea protein market is segmented as isolated, concentrated and textured pea protein. Various application for pea protein market is dietary supplements, bakery goods, meat substitutes, beverage and others. All the segments have been analyzed based on existing and future trends and the market is projected from 2016 to 2022. The regional segmentation includes the present and forecast demand for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East and Africa.
The report present comprehensive competitive outlook with company profiles of the key players operating in the global market. Key participants profiled in the report include Roquette Freres, A&B Ingredients, Farbest Brands, Axiom Foods Inc., Nutri-Pea Ltd., The Scoular Company, Sotexpro Burcon NutraScience Ltd., Consucra-Groupe Warcoing among others.
This report segments the pea protein market as follows:
Pea Protein Market: Product Analysis
Pea Protein Market: Application Analysis
Pea Protein Market: Regional Analysis
List of Figures
1. Pea protein market segmentation
2. Global pea protein market revenue, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
3. Pea protein: Market attractiveness analysis, by product
4. Pea protein: Market attractiveness analysis, by application
5. Pea protein: Market attractiveness analysis, by regional
6. Global Pea protein Market: Company Market Share, 2016
7. Global pea protein market revenue share by product, 2016 – 2022
8. Global isolates pea protein market, 2016 – 2022
9. Global concentrated pea protein market, 2016 – 2022
10. Global textured pea protein market, 2016 – 2022
11. Global pea protein market revenue share by application, 2016 – 2022
12. Global dietary supplements pea protein market, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
13. Global bakery goods pea protein market, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
14. Global meat substitutes pea protein market, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
15. Global beverage pea protein market, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
16. Global other pea protein market, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
17. Global pea protein market revenue share by region, 2016 - 2022
List of Tables
1. Global pea protein market estimates and forecast, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
2. Global pea protein market, by region, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
3. Global pea protein market, by product, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
4. Global pea protein market, by application, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
5. Pea protein – Key market driver analysis
6. Pea protein – Key market restraint analysis
7. North America pea protein market revenue, by product, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
8. North America pea protein market revenue, by application, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
9. Europe pea protein market revenue, by product, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (Tons) (USD Million)
10. Europe pea protein market revenue, by application, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (Tons) (USD Million)
11. Asia Pacific pea protein market revenue, by product, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
12. Asia Pacific pea protein market revenue, by application, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
13. Latin America pea protein market revenue, by product, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
14. Latin America pea protein market revenue, by application, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
15. Middle East and Africa pea protein market revenue, by product, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
16. Middle East and Africa pea protein market revenue, by application, 2016 – 2022 (Tons) (USD Million)
This report is based on in-depth qualitative and quantitative analyses of the global Pea Protein market. Zion Research has collected and analyzed key data belong to the global Pea Protein market using a variety of methods. Quantitative analysis has been done following various projection and sampling techniques.
The qualitative analysis involved primary interviews, surveys, and vendor briefings. The data gathered as a result of these processes were validated through experts' opinions. The market dynamics have been determined after conducting a detailed study of the micro and macroeconomic indicators of the market.
Various parameters have been taken into account while estimating market size. The revenue generated by the leading industry participants in from the sales of Pea Protein across the world has been calculated through primary and secondary research.
Zion Research employs the combination of secondary research followed by extensive primary research. Under secondary research, we refer to prominent paid as well as open access data sources including product literature, company annual reports, government publications, press releases, industry association’s magazines and other relevant sources for data collection. Other prominent secondary sources include STATISTA, trade journals, trade associations, statistical data from government websites, etc.
For this study, Zion Research has conducted all-encompassing primary research with key industry participants to collect first had data. Moreover, in-depth interviews with key opinion leaders also assisted in the validation of findings from secondary research and to understand key trends in the Pea Protein industry. Primary research makes up the major source of data collection and validation.
We conduct primary interviews with industry participants and commentators on an ongoing basis to validate data and analysis. A typical research interview fulfills the following functions:
Participants who typically participate in such a process include, but are not limited to:
Key opinion leaders specializing in different areas corresponding to different industry verticals
Secondary research sources that are typically referred to include, but are not limited to:
News articles, press releases and webcasts specific to companies operating in the market
Following a comprehensive secondary and primary research and insights thus gathered, analysts at Zion Research have provided an in-depth analysis of various aspects of the Pea Protein market.
Where no hard data is available, we use models and estimates to produce comprehensive data sets. A rigorous methodology is adopted, wherein the available hard data is cross-referenced with the following data types to produce estimates:
Protein powder can be available in different forms such as whey protein, brown rice protein powder, soy protein, pea protein, etc. However, pea protein is increasingly becoming popular due to its large nutrient content and numerous applications in food & beverage industry. Pea protein products can act as a replacement for a major portion of other proteins in the wide range of food products without having any effect on the taste, color, or texture of the product and in some cases can offer potential cost savings. Pea protein is preferred over other available options because it has no gluten or diary. Pea protein is easy to digest and does not cause bloating; a common problem with other protein powders. Pea protein is useful in a number of medical applications such as maintain healthy muscle, weight management, boost metabolism, and control blood sugar, improve blood circulation and calcium absorption, among others. As a result, is growingly seen as a major alternative to other available forms of protein.
Increasing preference towards vegetarian diet is expected to be the major driver for the global pea protein market. In addition, increasing concern for health and wellness is expected to trigger the growth of pea protein market in the coming years. Moreover, heavy investment in research in development by pea protein manufacturing companies is expected to play a vital role in the growth of pea protein market. However, lack of awareness among end users is projected to act as a major restraint for pea protein market. Nevertheless, technological advancements in extrusion and processing and emerging markets across the globe are expected to act an opportunity for pea protein market in near future.
Based on product type the pea protein market can be segmented as isolated, concentrated and textured pea protein. Textured pea protein contains the highest amount of protein in comparison with isolated and concentrated. Textured pea proteins are growingly used as dietary supplements while concentrates are mainly used in aquafeed. Based on application, the pea protein is segmented into dietary supplements, bakery goods, meat substitutes, beverage and others. In 2016, dietary supplements segment held the largest share of pea protein market. As a result of increasing awareness for fitness, the demand for dietary proteins is on the rise which in turn is expected to boost the demand for pea protein.
North America governed the majority of the pea protein market share in 2016 and is expected to further promote the pea protein market growth in the coming years. A factor contributing to the splendid growth in North America is increasing demand for gluten free products in this region especially in the U.S., and increasing demand for sports nutrition diet. Europe was the second largest consumer of pea protein in 2016. This was mainly due to the shifting preference towards plant-based protein. Asia Pacific is expected to specter enormous growth in the forecast period, owing to growing demand for meat substitute and allergen-friendly sports & fitness supplements. Moreover, favorable regulatory inclination for the agriculture industry, especially in India and China, ensures supply of ample raw material for pea protein production. Latin America is predicted to grow at the lucrative pace especially due to growth in Brazil. The Middle East and Africa is projected to have a decent growth in the forecast period.
Some of the key players in the pea protein include Roquette Freres, A&B Ingredients, Farbest Brands, Axiom Foods Inc., Nutri-Pea Ltd., The Scoular Company, Sotexpro Burcon NutraScience Ltd., Consucra-Groupe Warcoing among others.
Request the coronavirus impact analysis across industries and markets